676 Lorne Scots Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps
Canada’s European Battlefields Tour 2020
OIC: Capt Cameron
France Netherlands & Belgium 2020
The 676 is planning an educational trip to Europe for 8 days with the focus on significant Canadian battlefields and commemoration sites of the 1st and 2nd world war in France, the Netherlands and Belgium. We will be visiting the Vimy memorial, Flanders fields, Ypres as well as a number of other sites in Amsterdam and Paris
Dates of Travel – 24 April 2 May 2020
This is an optional trip which is scheduled to occur during the week of 24 April returning 2 May 2020. As planning for the trip progresses, information will be posted on the website.
Travel arrangements and planning to be completed by Explorica Tours
An information session will be held at the Armoury on Wednesday March 20 at 1900hrs
Cadets can sign up starting now. A link to the Explorica registration portal can be found on the Canada’s European Battlefields page of the website.
The trip is open to everyone in the 676 Lorne Scots. Participants must be in possession of a valid Canadian Passport with an expiry date no earlier than 1 November 2020. Passports MUST be presented to 676 trip staff no later than 18 January 2020 for verification.
Cost per Cadet for This Trip
$3046 + $135 or $180 for basic or enhanced insurance
Price will include:
flight, accommodations, entrance to all activities, breakfast and dinner, mandatory jacket/hoodie, full time tour guide and gratuities.
Lunches, snacks and personal spending money, passports, airline baggage fees for additional and oversized luggage
All fees for this trip will be paid directly to Explorica. Cadets attending this trip will be subject to all the terms and conditions set out by Explorica.
To Sign Up On Line
• Go to www.explorica.ca/Cameron-
• www.explorica.ca and select Register For a Tour. Enter Tour Centre ID: Cameron-
• Click “Sign Up Now”
• Enter Traveller information.
• Fill Emergency Contact section.
• Click “next” and select any additional customizations for your reservation like rooming upgrade or travel plans and click “accept selections.”
• Verify your “tour cost breakdown” and select payment plan
• Select your payment plan by using the following: Visa, Mastercard or Chequing Account and enter the information.
• Click “I have a voucher code”, enter voucher code: Cameron2020 & click Redeem.
• Review and confirm all information and click “submit application.”